Here are 10 key questions your boss is likely to ask when you propose a change or a new project:
- What do you want to change or what's the new project? Explain briefly
- Why do we need this change or new project?
- Why should we do this? What are the benefits?
- What are the disadvantages/risks of this change or new project?
- What will happen if we stay the same? Will there be a decline in business/profits etc.?
- What resources will be needed for this change or new project?
- How much will it cost? Be ready to provide estimates.
- How long will it take?
- When can it be done?
- How will this change or project affect other people, organisations or departments etc.?
If you are prepared to answer these questions, your boss is likely to agree to your proposal.