About this course
During this 5-day online course participants will learn to apply a structured approach to project justification, investment appraisal and decision making in the upstream petroleum business. This is underpinned with instruction of the principles and methodology related to petroleum economics and risk management.
What You Will Learn
The concepts of petroleum economics and an appreciation of the treatment of risk associated with petroleum ventures.
- Apply economics and risk management evaluation tools for oil & gas project proposals
- Identify and quantify key uncertainties during field development and full life cycle economics
- Calculate the economics and financial viability of expenditure proposals projects under risk conditions
- Develop a structured approach to measuring, managing and combating commercial risk
- Assess the ranking of alternative projects
- Improve project and business outcomes
Training MethodThe course content has been designed to be delivered via a ‘Live’ Remote Instructor Led platform and delivered over 5 days. It is a highly participative course using an evolving industry specific case study to help re-enforce the key learning outcomes. Access to MS Excel is required and prior knowledge of basic spreadsheet techniques is assumed. At the end of the course you will be able to retain an electronic copy of the project examples created during the course, these are designed to be a helpful reference in the workplace.Each day will consist of 2 x 2 hour sessions or 1 x 4 hour session (with breaks).20 hours CPD accreditation.
- Course content
- Who should attend
- Course reviews