About this course
As international companies move towards a flatter, team-based structure, supervisors and team leaders need to learn to combine fulltime operational responsibilities with leadership roles. This 5-day online practical activity-based course is aimed at developing essential leadership skills, including team leadership.
What Will You Learn?
- Assess your own levels of competence in business skills, personal effectiveness, and relationship management.
- Leadership through communicating effectively.
- Situation team leadership skills.
- SMART Planning.
- Motivation and delegation.
- Business meeting skills.
- International influencing skills.
- Problem solving.
- Conflict management.
This course content has been designed to be delivered via a live Remote Instructor Led platform and consists of 10 modules delivered over 5 days. The first session will run for 2½ hours to allow for introductions, subsequent sessions will be 2 hours long. Each day will consist of 2 sessions (1 morning/1 afternoon) with a break of 10 minutes during each of the sessions, time will be allowed for questions and discussions.
Managing yourself and your time
- Manage your time more effectively
- Managing yourself
- Reactive and proactive management
- Four quadrants of time management
Situational team leadership
- Leadership styles – matching your leadership style to the person and the situation
- Leadership case studies
- Company culture and structures, policies and procedures, their impact on leadership style
- Team formation and features of effective teams
- Team leadership styles and stages of team development
- Putting it into practice: Team leadership situations
- ABC of planning
- SMART planning
- What is effective communication?
- International communication barriers and how to overcome them
- Keys to effective international communication
- Guidelines for productive business meetings
- Putting it into practice: Difficult meeting situations
Productive business meetings
- Before the meeting
- Common meeting situations
- During the meeting
- Common meeting situations
Motivating your team
- What motivates people to work?
- Putting it into practice: Motivating your team and engaging individuals
Delegation: Learning to let go
- How to delegate the workload effectively
- How to develop people through delegation
- Putting it into practice: Developing a delegation plan for your staff
Coaching for Staff Development
- Development coaching and coaching guidelines
- Coaching situations and feedback
- Coaching tips
Problem solving and decision making
- Problem solving
- The Persuasive Funnel
- Conflict management styles
- Resolving conflict
Who should attend
This course is aimed at relatively new leaders and supervisors as well as those preparing for management. The focus is on essential ‘need to know’ leadership skills and will improve ability and confidence when dealing with new or difficult situations.
"Provided several good techniques which will be useful for day-to-day business."Azar Ahmadov, SOCAR Gas
"A very practical course, can be implemented immediately."Khaleel Jusain, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
"The course was very useful and fruitful for me, especially gaining the management skills to have responsibility and to lead staff."Aisha Al-Baroud, Kuwait Oil Company
"Excellent delivery of course content with relevant examples which improved my knowledge on the topic."William Eboh, Midwestern Oil & Gas Co Ltd