About this course
This practical leadership course will help you achieve your business goals by enhancing your people management skills.
What you will learn:
Identify the key competencies and skills required by international managers.
Assess your own levels of competence in business skills, personal effectiveness and relationship management.
Increase your personal effectiveness in critical areas including project planning, cross-cultural communication, and professional development.
Develop your skills in critical areas of people management: networking with and influencing others, project team management, conducting performance reviews, promoting staff development through training/coaching/mentoring, and leading people through organizational change.
Plan for your own leadership and professional development through the organization.
The majority of this course is devoted to realistic exercises, case studies, and role play scenarios. These are designed to give you the opportunity to practise enhanced leadership skills and build your management confidence.
35 hours CPD Certified
The role of the international manager
- International management competencies
- Personal effectiveness and relationship management Putting it into practice: competencies self-assessment
Keys to personal effectiveness
- Managing yourself and your time more effectively
- Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) for Oil and Gas Companies
- Strategic planning and SMART goals
- Putting it into practice: Developing your SMART management goal and Action Plan
Situational team leadership
- Company culture and structures, policies and procedures : their impact on leadership style
- Team formation and features of effective teams
- Team leadership styles and stages of team development
- Putting it into practice: Team leadership situations
International Influencing Skills
- Management and influencing: position power and personal power
- Your network of influence and how you can enhance it
- Cross-cultural influencing
- Planning to influence: the Persuasive Funnel
- Putting it into practice: Difficult People and Influencing Your Boss
Managing Performance Review
- Benefits of the performance review process
- How to use the appraisal form
- Stages and techniques in performance review
- How to conduct a constructive performance review meeting
- Putting it into practice: Performance review situations
Staff Training and Development
- Assessment of staff training and development needs
- Training, mentoring, coaching and professional development courses
- Follow-up and evaluation of staff development activities
- Putting it into practice: Staff development situations
How to manage and lead change in your organization
- Self-assessment: Your response to change
- Conservers, pragmatists and originators
- Lewin and Kotter’s change models
- Leading change in your organisation
- Communicating change through the organization
- Putting it into practice: Assessing a proposed change in your organization
Challenges in 21st Century international management
- The challenges of managing diversity
- Overcoming the tyranny of ‘one right way’ to manage
- Professional development guidelines and learning activities
- Putting it into practice: International Management Lessons Learned and mini-presentations
Who should attend
Managers and professionals working in an international and/or multi-cultural environment who have several years experience of management and want to improve their people management and communication skills. This course is also suitable as a refresher programme for experienced managers. The course is also an ideal choice for those who have previously attended MDT’s Leadership and People Management course.
"Collective information in one course. Impressive presentation."Ashis Bar, Chevron Bangladesh
"Good course for leaders who are expecting to manage a group with big numbers. Helped me to evaluate my draw backs & help me to be a better leader in the future."Mohd Atiqueuzzaman Khan, Chevron Bangladesh